Extracts of the second Silicon Valley BioTalks on adaptive clinical trials.
On November 2nd, Clinovo sponsored the second session of Silicon Valley BioTalks, hosted by SNR Denton in their Palo Alto offices.
This event focused on best practices to successfully plan for an adaptive clinical trial.
More than 70 professionals from top biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies took part in the discussion on the topic. The exchanges were moderated by Pascal Royet, newly appointed VP of Business Operations at Clinovo. The panel was comprised of:
- Oranee Daniels, Vice President in charge of Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Medicine at Theravance;
- Don Kellerman, Senior Vice President in charge of Clinical Development and Medical Affairs at MAP Pharmaceuticals;
- Daniel Bonzo, Senior Director and Head of Biometrics and Data Management at Xenoport;
- Peter Shabe, President of Advance Research Associates;
- Hilary Carlson, Independent Clinical Research Consultant at Arincal
The panelists shared with the audience their experience with adaptive clinical trials as well as their thoughts on how the practice is likely to evolve in the future. Some of the main points addressed were: for which type of clinical trials is adaptive design particularly suited? What are the benefits? How do you plan for a successful implementation?
The Silicon Valley BioTalks is a quarterly event that offers a premiere venue for industry professionals to share their experience and know-how about technology and best practices for clinical trials. Stay tuned for our next, exciting session in February 2012!
About Silicon Valley BioTalks
Silicon Valley BioTalks is a series of regular discussion and networking events sponsored by Clinovo and SNR Denton where industry professionals share knowledge about technology and best practices for clinical trials.